Planning the Future of Ogden
The Ogden/Weber State University Transit Project Study (2015) identified a Locally Preferred Alternative (LPA) for Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) connecting the Ogden Intermodal Transit Center and Downtown Ogden with Weber State University.
To support Transit Oriented Development (TOD) along the corridor in which BRT has been identified, the Ogden Onboard Study will examine the BRT Corridor for future TOD opportunities, that include:
- Preserving a mix of equitable housing;
- Enhancing access to essential services;
- Creating well-designed and welcoming stops and station areas; and
- Providing improved active transportation connections and greater connectivity to the regional transit system.
The planning and analysis work consists of a sequence of five phases, from November 2017 through December 2018.
- Phase 1: Project Kick-off and Foundation (November – December 2017)
- Phase 2: Project Buzz and Public Launch (December 2017 – December 2018)
- Phase 3: Baseline Analysis (January 2018 – June 2018)
- Phase 4: TOD Vision and Recommendations (May 2018 – September 2018)
- Phase 5: Implementing TOD (August 2018 – December 2018)